This Summary Case Conference Service Charter commits the police to the following pledges:
- At all main metropolitan courts an ‘at court’ service will be available between 9.00am and 1.00pm.
- Between 2.00pm and 4.00pm the Summary Case Conference ('SCC') prosecutor will be contactable by telephone.
- All main metropolitan courts will provide an exclusive Victoria Legal Aid SCC service between 11.00am and 11.30am to deal with accused who have sought assistance for the first time that day.
- If unable to to be contacted, the SCC prosecutor will return any communication (in person, phone, e-mail) before 1.00pm the next business day.
- SCC prosecutors will provide a copy of the preliminary brief to the accused or their legal representative upon request, in areas supported by Brief and Investigation Support Centres.
- Withdrawals will not be delayed only to obtain informant approval.